Renwick Pathway Crypts
The horseshoe pathway surrounding the Cemetery’s historic Renwick Chapel designed by James Renwick and constructed in 1850 will be the second major installation of pathway family urn crypts for cremated remains. The first pathway urn crypts were installed in the circular pathway surrounding the family plot of General Jesse Reno. This program of creating urn crypts around circular pathways will be continued throughout the Cemetery.

Each concrete crypt will hold up to eight urns and is designed to serve more than one generation of a family. The construction is similar to the casket pathway crypt program except that each urn crypt will be covered with a 2’ x 4’ piece of granite which will serve as a ledger stone for inscriptions.